After having turned 30 yesterday I have come to the conclusion that it is not as bad as I dreamed it would be – that I was dreading it for no reason at all. Because of this, I have decided that a list of things that make me happy, great reasons for being 30, is in order!
1. I have some of the most amazing friends a girl could ask for. You are the reason I survived the ugly 2010 that was.
2. I have a great dysfunctional family. Each and every one of them is unique and makes me smile in numerous ways!
3. I have a job I love and supervisors who believe in me!
4. I have two degrees which means I accomplished something no one else in my family has done.
5. I have a roof over my head that is fully paid for and a father who is kind enough to let me live under it for as long as I see fit.
6. I love food, most food I will happily chow down. I never have to worry about going out and not being able to find something to eat.
7. I have a car (Minnie the Mazda 3) that is beautiful!
8. I do not look or act my age. I still get carded at restaurants when I want a drink.
9. I have been to the Caribbean twice, once with my ex and once with my sister in law.
10. I have a bucket list. I have lots of time to write things off said list.
11. I have my health. Despite some setbacks, I am generally healthy.
12. I have a family doctor that cares about my health and does not just see me as another patient.
13. I have lots of shoes!
14. My dad is the greatest.
15. I was fortunate enough to know all of my grandparents except my maternal grandfather.
16. I have had many boyfriends and two amazing loves!
17. Baseball in the summer and Basketball in the winter are two sports I love to watch live.
18. I was the Maid of Honour at my brothers wedding as he married my best friend!
Okay so I can come up with 18 things so far that make me happy and that make me being 30 years old a great thing. A lot of the things on this list I would not have been able to say when I turned 20. I will finish this list as I remember things and new things come to flourish in my life.
Have a great week