My worst nightmare came true: I ended up so sick I had to leave work Monday half day and had all day Tuesday off in bed! I am back to work today, even though I am not 100% because it’s Christmas and our office is already short-staffed!
These are the five things I have learned from being sick:
1. The idea of showering, a normally pleasant thought, strikes fear and terror in the heart of someone who is sick, because really who can stand in a hot shower when they have no energy to move, let alone stand for 15 long minutes.
2. No one is very supportive when you are sick and it’s a few days prior to Christmas. My brother barely came near me enough to throw a vicks nose thing at me before retreating to a less germ infested area of the house. However that vicks thing helped me breath so yay brother!
3. As a former tv-o-holic, there is NOTHING on tv the week before Christmas, everything is repeats, and during the day – tv sucks. I guess this was a good thing because I slept great since I had nothing to distract me.
4. My homemade lasagna, which I made late last week still tastes amazing even when your taste buds aren’t up to snuff due to said sickness!
5. When sick, I just couldn’t care less how dirty/messy the house is, so I have three nights left to clean it from top to bottom! I am so not impressed!
I am feeling better, but God forbid I continue being sick, I say we cancel Christmas, return all gifts and fly to the Caribbean for a week! I’m just saying! 😉