When I started this blog, I talked about goals I wanted to work on for the coming year. Here is a reminder list:
1. I joined Weight Watchers in October 2010 and I would like to lose minimum 25 pds this year!
2. My credit card is maxed with school fees, shoes and clothes and my car etc etc. If I stick to the budget I have created for myself then I will have no credit card debt by January 2012!
3. I have not travelled very much in my life and I would like to travel more. I don’t care where really. I would just like to travel to 2 or more places this year.
4. My hope is that I won’t turn down ANY invitations this year. If someone wants to go out – I am going out (unless it doesn’t work with the budget I talked about in number 2).
5. Last one…I lost the love of my life this year and my goal is to enjoy being single, enjoy being me and maybe even figure out who I am. I am not saying I won’t date this year (or maybe even get back with said ex?!) but I need some time for self discovery, self-love and a whole lot of fun!
So: how well did I do? Pretty well actually looking back over my list. As far as losing 25 pds, I did! However I’ve since gained three pds so I am down 22 pds in total – which for me is a success!
The debt – yes the ever-lasting, never leaving debt that is my credit card…it’s still there. I kind of lived on the retail therapy side of things when my emotions ran high – plus my car, my trips etc! New plan for 2012 – use my inheritance to pay if off – not how I wanted it to go, but debt free is debt free!
Travel~I went to the Bahamas in February and have already booked a trip to the Dominican in January. Me and the ex have talked about possibly doing a couple small trips in the summer just to see baseball games in different cities – remember my bucket list? To see every major league baseball diamond! So I have done some travelling – my dads and Nana’s health kind of limited my vacation time.
I accepted a lot of invites this year – I went out with friends a lot, I went dancing, to dinners, to homes to relax, I even drove my two bff’s to Niagara Falls for an evening just to go to the Coach store. I am a good friend! LOL
I have dated a few different guys this year, two who were actual boyfriends, and they were both nice guys (okay one was way nicer then the other – R this means you), but overall I was happier being single. Why would any rational 30-year-old woman prefer being single to “in a relationship” as my Facebook friends will understand? Because, if you are not over the ex, what is the point of hurting good people who are falling in love with you – when you know you can’t love someone else back – not fully at least. I would rather be single until someone comes along who makes me forget my ex and want to move on OR if God willing, get back together with my ex and work on our relationship. I know what one my family is hoping for – I am just not 100% which one I am hoping for yet?!
It’s been an interesting 2011, a sad year, a great year, a hard year, an educational year….but overall, I have come out on top. Today is my last day of work for this year. I am so glad because my cold is still threatening me everyday and I need time to get ready for Christmas. I hope to message you all over the holidays, but if not, please have a wonderful Christmas season and BE SAFE!