I am really liking the Top 5 list. So here is another one. To set the scene: this morning, mother nature vomited snow all over Toronto. And not just snow, but rain, ice and wind. This is the first real snow Toronto has seen this season. I shouldn’t complain, I am well aware of this, but I whine a lot about a lot of things, so I am. It took me over 1.5 hours to get to work – normally takes 20 -30 minutes MAX! At one point I sat on the highway off ramp for 40 minutes and in that 40 minutes I had a lot of time to think and pray because there is only so much radio one person can listen to and I own no good CD’s.
1. Why doesn’t Toronto make it mandatory for everyone to buy winter tires? I mean, I didn’t slip or slide once today and there was people slipping and sliding all over the place like their car was wearing ice skates. What an image. I wonder if there would be a drop in accidents if it were mandatory??
2. I wish Roz and Mocha on kiss 92.5 would have more talk radio. I mean they are funny! I love their radio show, but they play way to much music that I can hear on other radio stations. I want to hear their friendly/unfriendly banter. And Maurie! I love Maurie! Please Roz and Mocha, talk more, play less music!
3. I can’t fast with food today. I need to eat! Blueberry bagel, here I come! I need you, crave you and if I had just gotten to work before 8:30 I might have been able to resist your sweet aroma, but unfortunately I am stuck in traffic smelling you and now you must be eaten – fasting for today is NO SMOKING! Let me tell you, if I had a cigarette in my car, she would have been smoked. However I wouldn’t have needed the bagel then and been able to keep my fast. However I would have smoked and broke my promise to myself and my health…I was screwed either way. So I ate, but I apologized to God first. And let me tell you, blueberry bagels, lightly toasted with butter is AWESOME!
4. I hope for my mother’s sake her boyfriend ends up okay. Biker dude has throat cancer. He had to get some wire mesh thing put in his throat so he can eat and if it takes he can do chemo and should hopefully live another year or more. If it doesn’t take…well lets just say it won’t be good. My mom has had a rough go the past 10+ years and as much as it is her own doing and consequences of choices she has made, I love my mother and she wants biker dude to get through this so I do too. I added him to my prayer list this week.
5. Finally, why do I work at an office so far away when there is an office with a couple of my favourite ladies at it just 5 minutes away? Why?? I don’t know. I love being in the Employment Centre, I don’t want to be back on a caseload. I have made a couple of really good friends here who I would be devastated to lose touch with and the SDP’s are great! So as much as I HATE the drive in the winter, I have to suck it up buttercup and keep going because I have made the choice to stay here for at least a year. I’m just glad my ladies from the other office love me enough to see me outside of work!
And that’s it folks. These are the things I thought about while sitting in snow, rain, ice, wind and traffic. I hope you have all had a great day *said quite sarcastically*