Last night was loud – really loud

Before leaving from work for the day my sis-in-law mentioned she was bringing my family over for dinner.  That includes my brother and their three children (aged 15, 13 and 12 years of age).  I was excited because I know my dad has been dying to see my brother for over two months and of course as soon as I got home and told him they were coming you would have thought I said John Wayne was coming for dinner and not his son.  Good grief! 

As soon as they walked in the door, the noise began.  Three teenagers (well almost for little K) who are all so totally different from each other argue and annoy each other a lot.  And then of course Sushi boyfriend and D came over to work on the basement so they were tearing down walls, which you know – get’s loud.  Then my home care came and she is quiet but I had to deal with that and I never feel good after she leaves so this is how I felt by about 6:30 last night

I wanted to curl up in my bed, block out all the noise and ignore everyone, but of course I haven’t seen my family all together in over 2 months as well so I stayed in the living while trying somewhat unsuccessfully to not scream at my nephew for being an obnoxious teenager and again – rolling my eyes at my attention craving youngest K.  You know I always find it funny that since young K is by far the most well-behaved out of the three and the most active and involved in things out of the three that she wouldn’t need any more attention – but she craves and demands it even more than I do, which is saying A LOT!  I mean I started my own blog to get attention for crying out loud – doesn’t hold a candle to her!  LOL…I may complain, but they (all of them) are the air that I breath, they are my reason for existing. 

So as the yelling and arguing was going on, I snuck downstairs to see what was going on, and walls were all of a sudden missing in my basement!  Sushi bf and D done a great job of ripping walls down – I love to see progress, it makes me think my closet (errr I mean basement apartment) may soon be a reality!  I am SO excited!  More pics to come tomorrow!

Finally after home care left, Sushi bf and D had finished for the night and the family had sufficiently ate and stayed their welcome, the house was quiet again.  Dad and I looked at each other, both sighed and enjoyed a minute of peace and quiet before I had to rush off to fill up his medication, and prepare myself for today.  While I do actually LOVE seeing my family, I also LOVE that it’s just me and dad at the house and it’s quiet 90% of the time.  I enjoy it.  So does he.  We have a good rhythm going on.

XOXO Nikilee


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s