So a few months ago I switched from my beloved black berry to the iPhone 4S. I was nervous that I would never develop the same bond with the iPhone that I did with the bb, but lo and behold, I have. Thanks to the magical world of the Apple apps!
BB had apps, but iPhone, has the best apps EVER! It seems like every week I fall in love with a new app. Whether it be a game, a way to find the latest movies in theaters or where all the Green P’s are located in the city, the Apple apps make life more fun and a heck of a lot easier. Because I always love a Top 5 list, I am going to count down my top 5 apps!
Top 5 Apple Applications as determined by ME – Nikilee30
1. Instagram: I have always seen people upload funky looking pics to Facebook, pictures that seems old or black and white, or really dark or bright and I had no idea how it was done – until I downloaded Instagram. You can take pics that are black and white, with a slight golden tinge to them, framed, unframed with a olden day look to them etc. I LOVE IT! I am a total paparazzo! I love taking pics, and this allows me to make cool shots look even cooler!!! See the pic above – my sushi lunch, I love that I can make it seem more antique…
2. Euchre Lite: When I went to the DR for K and J’s wedding, J’s family was always playing Euchre. I had NO idea how to play Euchre at this point, in fact the game seemed so confusing and uninteresting that I didn’t pay them the least bit of attention. My brother and sister-in-law also play Euchre a lot and they have never had a desire to teach me so I have ignored them to a great extent as well. However, when I started dating Newbie, I knew I would have to learn at some point because his family clearly loves this game as does he. I downloaded Euchre Lite for free and I slowly learned the rules and am now at a 46% win rate (I lost the first like 30+ games I played because I had NO idea what I was doing). Now I win most games though and am becoming quite strategic in my gameplay. I even played with Newbie, his dad and step-mom and while we didn’t win, we played well and I made some pretty good moves. They also taught me some other things that a free computer game just can’t (or won’t as the case may be). I really do enjoy this game now and I cannot wait to get better and maybe even play for money at some point!!!
3. Words with Friends: Like Euchre, I never saw the interest in Scrabble. At all. I didn’t play as a child and I felt no desire to play as an adult. However, a few of my friends were playing “words with friends” so I decided I would download this free app and see where it took me. I have played probably close to 50 games and I have not ever won – and you know what? I don’t care! I have so much fun making up words and seeing what words this app considers real words and not real words that I just play for fun and help other people’s scores increase!
4. TD Canada Trust: Since the banks have decided to charge $2.00 for paper statements, I have cancelled that and now have the TD app so that I can see my account balances anytime of day and make transfers immediately. I love this app. It amazes my dad that just by flipping through my phone I can tell him how much I owe on my Visa, what my last bank transaction was and how much money is in my grandmothers accounts (I am on them – hence that ability).
5. Cineplex: I am a movie buff. I love watching movies. This app allows me to see trailers, find out what movies are playing where and at what time. This means if I am hanging out in Ajax bored with nothing to do, I can see what movies are out and head down to the Cineplex in Ajax and watch a movie. It’s a simple app but it has made my life just that much better and easier!